Monday, May 26, 2008

Star Wars Inspired OSSAS Cake 2007


In September of 2007, I entered my first Oklahoma State Sugar Arts Show. The theme for the show was motion pictures, so I chose Padme from Star Wars in her picnic gown. For the competition, the table must be dressed to reflect the theme and inspiration items must be presented.


The cake is covered in embossed fondant and painted gold. Green ribbons and individual miniature roses decorate the cake to mimic the pattern on the bodice of Padme's gown. The topper is a floral ball of dozens of miniature roses. The cake board is covered in embossed fondant made to look like a wicker picnic basket pattern.


The was my first "big" competition and I have a long way to go, but my score was in the upper 3rd, so I was extremely happy with the results.